Sofft Shoe Company Privacy & Legal Notice
Effective Date: December 23, 2019
Sofft, along with our affiliates (collectively, “Sofft”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, including on Sofftshoe.com (the “Site”), how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children's Personal Information
- Access to Non-Sofft Sites and Services
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- California Consumer Privacy Statement
- Legal Policy
Information We Obtain
Information We Obtain About You
The types of personal information we may obtain about you include:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, postal address, email address, birthdate and gender);
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number, security code, expiration date and billing address, which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf;
- Information used to create your online account and other account-related information (such as username, password, and security questions and answers);
- Purchase history and other information about your interest in or use of our products and services;
- Location data;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use in connection with our Site; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through surveys, emails, sign-up forms, and the "Contact Us" feature.
We also may obtain other information about you, your devices and apps, and your use of our products or services in ways that we describe at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
When you use our Site or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our Site, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of use of our Site. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Site; (3) tailor our Site around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Site and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly. We also may receive your device’s geolocation or other information related to your location through GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals and other technologies for certain purposes listed above, such as to provide you with more tailored information and services. Your device may provide you with a notification when the Site attempts to collect your precise geolocation.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our products and services to you;
- Send you emails and other communications about our products, services, events, promotions and brands;
- Administer your participation in surveys, contests, promotions or other programs;
- Process orders and payment transactions;
- Offer discounts;
- Create and manage your account;
- Help you locate a Sofft retailer;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Personalize your experience with our products and services, such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you;
- Verify your identity and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, such as developing new products and services; managing, enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; generating leads; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and terms: Legal Policy; and
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products and services, network, information, customers, employees and others. We also may use the information in other ways which we identify at the time of collection.
We also may use the information in other ways which we identify at the time of collection.
We may use third party web analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. These vendors help us analyze how visitors use our Site. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of our Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of our products and services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
On our Site, we may obtain information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, and with our joint marketing partners, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials in response to legal requests; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation.
You may at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing emails or other promotional communications. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below. You may also update your preferences online through your account, if available.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Site is designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) through our Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under thirteen (13), we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe a child under thirteen (13) may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
Access To Non-Sofft Sites And Services
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide access (such as through links, plug-ins or widgets) to non Sofft websites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy notices of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Sofft websites, apps or services.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our Site.
How To Contact Us
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request or ask
us questions about this Privacy Notice by contacting customercare@Sofftshoe.com or writing to us at:
Sofft Shoe Company
100 Brickstone Square, Suite 502
Andover, MA 01810
California Consumer Privacy Statement
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
This California Consumer Privacy Statement supplements the Sofft Shoe Company Privacy Notice and applies solely to California consumers. This Statement does not apply to our personnel or job applicants.
This California Consumer Privacy Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, sex, and gender
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use the categories of personal information listed above for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice. In addition, we may use these categories of personal information for certain business purposes specified in the CCPA, as described in this list:
2. Our Prior Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may have collected and used your personal information, as described in Section 1 above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement. For the personal information collected during that timeframe, we describe below: (a) the categories of sources from which we may have obtained the personal information, (b) the categories of third parties with whom we may have shared the information, (c) the categories of personal information we may have sold, and (d) the categories of personal information we may have disclosed for a business purpose.
a. Sources of Personal Information
We may have obtained personal information about you from various sources, as described below.
b. Sharing of Personal Information
We may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
c. Sale of Personal Information
We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our sites in exchange for non-monetary consideration such as an enhanced ability to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as detailed below.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information:
- Commercial information
- Online Activities
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
d. Disclosure of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose all of the categories of personal information about you listed in Section 1 above.
3. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, click here or call us at 1-888-718-6898. To submit a Shine the Light request, email us at customercare@Sofftshoe.com. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click here or email us at customercare@Sofftshoe.com
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: driver’s license, utility bill or bank statement. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (1) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (2) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Additional Information: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact customercare@Sofftshoe.com or 1-888-718-6898, between the hours of 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. EST to request this Statement in an alternative format.
- The information, photographs the products and, in general, all of the material contained in this site are intended solely for advertising and promotional use and may be used for personal reasons only. No commercial use of the material contained in this site is permitted and, in any case, any copy, even partial, of said documents must include information indicating that it is the exclusive property of (Söfft Shoe Company Inc., Sofftshoe.com), as must any other notification regarding the property contained in the document itself.
- In particular, we call your attention to the fact that the trademarks "Sofft Shoe Company Inc.", "Sofft", "Sofft Shoes" whether registered or not, are and remain the exclusive property of Söfft Shoe Company Inc. and that it is expressly forbidden, for any reason or purpose, to use them even if for personal and non-commercial reasons, to reproduce, distribute, publish, broadcast or modify wholly or in part or sell the same.
- The recording, saving in memory, copying, reproduction, further publication, exhibition, exposure, broadcast, distribution, transfer, translation, transposition, modification or sale, even in part, of the contents of the site (consisting of images, photographs, text, videos, trademarks and in general of any material or creative expression rendered accessible in this site), in any form and by any means (electronic, mechanical, by photocopy, print, microfilm, magnetic recordings, including CD-Rom, etc.) is strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of Söfft Shoe Company Inc. The material indicated above is the exclusive property of or is legitimately utilized by Söfft Shoe Company Inc., which provides no guarantees and declines any and all responsibility or liability for the use of all or part of the same.
- The user of the information and/or materials contained in this site takes sole and unconditional responsibility for any and all eventual losses, costs and damages, direct and/or indirect and of any nature and amount, which may result from the use of this site.